Saturday 8 January 2022

Add to your faith

2 Peter 1:5-7


So let me receive faith right now,

And let me use that faith to take a step 

toward virtue. And though 

my feet might feel like stones, let 

me take another step towards knowledge.

And though my adversary 

abuse me, give me strength to 

take another towards self-control. 

And another toward perseverance.

And though my way

may feel leaden and slow, let me step 

toward godliness. Though a loved-one 

may step on my toes, may I step 

towards brotherly kindness. May every step 

be forward. And as I go, may I find joy 

in the stepping, grace in the edging 

toward change.  


But if there is little joy, let me step anyway.

Then take another step. 

And another. 

And another.


Until I truly, truly know how to love.



MDC 

January 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment